Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lighthouse, Lezbos & Sex on the Beach, Oh my!

Hello fellow rockers.  Please accept my apologies for the delay in new postings as it's been a busy couple of weeks for The Rocker.

Our Lighthouse gig in Hermosa Beach was mostly uneventful, with a few exceptions, though nothing out of the ordinary for us.  It's a fun venue with a mixed bag of drunks.  We get a roomy stage at this joint, with very few cracks in the floor.  A bonus for me considering I wear whore shoes that the stilettos routinely catch in the holes and/or cracks of the stage causing me to twist an ankle, making me look plastered even though I most likely am quite sober.   This is the stuff you guys in the audience don't realize that I have to deal with.  It's not all fun and games.

Aside from a dude heckling me to play some Pantera, the crowd was great.   As I sang,  I watched a group of cougars dance with the 30 year old B-day boy, and he was loving every minute of it, even busting out some break dancing moves.  It wasn't pretty, he was white.

After my second set, I went to powder my nose and was approached by a lipstick lesbian.  She was hot so it was almost a shame I don't swing that way.  Thankfully, she was cool about it and I found myself with a drink in my hand not long after when she brought over a Sex on the Beach as I was chatting with friends at the bar.  I had a taste tester check it out for me (safety first!).  I haven't had one of those in years, usually it's too sweet for me.  However, I was sweating through my new Guess tank top and jeans, and it sounded refreshing.  Besides, it is rude to turn down a drink so *of course* I had to accept.  

After the last set of the evening, we broke down our gear and the bar manager comp'd me a long-pour Jack Daniels, as I couldn't really have any during the performance.  Ah, a nice reward for a job well done.   I also scored a couple the ribs that he ordered from the pub next door, helping to quell my standard hunger after a show.   It's the little things that make me happy.

 

1 comment: