Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Greetings!

Happy New Year to you all!

I took a Holiday Hiatus, not that my 3 followers noticed, due to the hustle and bustle of the season.  I don't know about you, but for the Rocker, the holidays are usually a blitzkrieg of gigs, booze, parties, events, gifts, fruitcakes (I'm not just referring to the inedible brick-o-food-like-substance), friends, family, debauchery, douch-baggery and other B.S.

To get you up to speed, I will brief you on the highlights of what you missed starting from the Halloween gig:  {takes deep breath}  new fans, new Face book pages, holiday parties, more lesbian encounters, booze, a tired Columbia Records rep out scouting that ultimately was not impressed by the Janis Joplin I busted out even though everyone I have ever encountered is floored by it, Mouthful's first San Diego gig where a new fan told me that I was the most beautiful woman he had seen since he could remember (I do clean up nicely, but I still think he needed his glasses checked),  Mouthful's single "Fist" and bio featured in a Nikki Sixx biography to be released in a couple of months, a new haircut and color, a bad batch of my usually delicious gyoza, more booze, lots of time playing FarmVille, a few unmentionable moments, our flocked Charlie Brown Xmas tree with broken ornaments courtesy of Foxy, The Rocker fixing Xmas dinner for the G-Pa and Pops, a few visit to Mum and my brother aka *The Milkman in San Diego, a visit to the San Diego Zoo, a new favorite bartender in SD at Vitral, a trip to Disneyland/CA Adventure with Pops that included several stops at the bar within, making homemade peanut butter cups and candy, the discovery of new favorite cocktails (straight Jack D is still the fav but I get bored), a new vacuum cleaner that really sucks! a new flat screen TV, four nights of Christmas feasts that included French food, Italian, tamales with the best fricking frijoles ever (courtesy of Mrs. Teddy Bear) and Chinese food, and if being in two bands wasn't enough, Rocktane doubles as a Pat Benatar tribute so I have bookings for that coming up.... eh, that's about it.

Rocktane's NYE gig at the Auld Irisher was a blast.  I got to see my Aunt and cousin which was a bonus besides being able to spend the evening with the family that is my band.  Fairly uneventful night as NY's celebrations go, however, more lively than the cemetery we performed at last year.  I even had a few gentleman pestering me for a midnight kiss, of which I did not oblige... poor things.

1 comment:

  1. thats a busy last few months!!! Rock it- Jill

    ReplyDelete