Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dirt in my cracks

I am not feeling much like a Rocker today.  What does not rock about today is cleaning the house.  Since my unemployment began, it has been quite clean, (which also doesn't rock - the unemployment part, that is) unless we have company or band mates over, and then, it becomes quite messy to say the very least.  Today, my hand is cramping, not because I am playing guitar, writing music or typing, but because I spent an hour cleaning Cheetos, beef jerky, dirt, grime and other unidentifiable objects out of the cracks of our leather couches.  I hate it when my cracks are dirty.

What makes that task slightly more bearable is the vanilla vodka and Coke (my version of a vanilla coke) that I am swilling whilst cleaning.  However, there is a sense that I'm creating more work for myself due to the occasional spillage of my ice cold beverage, thus defeating the purpose of cleaning the house at all and I begin to talk myself into stopping.  Ultimately, I decide that finishing what I started, even though it is as hot as the surface of the sun in my house, it is much better than leaving a half @$$ job because if I finish, I can reward myself with another beverage.  Yes, that is a much better idea so, grudgingly I complete my task.  

Another beverage does rock.

1 comment: