Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lunch @ Eat Chow

Read about "Eat Chow" in Costa Mesa.  Met an old co-worker for lunch there.  Good food, but my Mac n Cheese left something to be desired.  It needed a panko crust, or some black pepper, or something...can't quite put my finger on the missing flavor. 


I really enjoyed the fried green tomatoes.  Very nice.  Next time however, I will order what my friend had, the beef dip.  Looked fabulous. Not sure if he liked it though, he licked the plate clean.   

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good beef dip, I will have to check that place out. You ever been to Philippe's in LA, they claim that it is the birthplace of the Beef Dip. It was invented by accident. It is fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, heard about how they dropped the bun in the dip... never been there though - maybe I'll check it out Sunday after my Viper Room gig.

    ReplyDelete