Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Viper Room, Hollywood

Honestly, I have no clue where to begin on this one, except... at the beginning.  

This was Mouthful's second gig at the Viper room.  We enjoy performing there because, for one thing, they are professional and treat us with respect.  And B, the sound is good.



This night found us with a great crowd that really enjoyed us.  (Phew!) After our 35 minute set, we stuck around for the band after us and WOW, their guitar player had the freakin' fastest hands I'd seen in a looong while.  That guy could play.  Too bad it was really nothing new and after a while it was overkill.  He was kind enough to approach us after to complement my vocals and our set.  Over all, they were tight and a very good band.

We decided not to stick around for the next band, but to head off to the Rainbow Room.  Since it was a Sunday, it wasn't very crowded, thankfully, as I was hot, sweaty and not in the mood to rumble with drunk wannabe rockstars, such as myself, nor washed up rockers or other posers and hanger-oners.

Did I mention that the bartendress inside working the downstairs bar was a total C-word? Jeez.  Looked like an ugly Elvira, only 100 years older.   Hey, I don't care if you have been working there 25 years, this is still a service industry position and you'll get no tip from me, witch.  So, after each beer was guzzled, I hauled myself to the upstairs bar and ordered from the blonde beauty, who was attentive and kind, and I proceeded to give her all my money.


Our drummer had brought his Mom with us.  She was from out of town and a total riot.  It explains a lot about him.  Unbeknownst to me, she was downstairs chatting up B-Real (of Cypress Hill).  We smelled a blunt cruising into the place, should have guessed it was him.  So she was hitting him up for one.  Go mom!!  We wanted to get a picture, but alas we forgot.  But we did get a pic of this guy... 



If you don't know who he is, I ain't gonna tell you.  This is a PG blog.  Well, bordering on R.  This was a great precursor for the Hustler store.  We couldn't get our drummer's wife to go in earlier, but after 5 or so cocktails, she was the first one in the store.  We piled in, moseyed around and ultimately bailed because we were tired, too cheap and broke to buy any of that over priced crap.  Ok, I confess,  I already own most of the stuff in that store anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment