Monday, September 21, 2009

In The iPod Today...

The Urban Cowboy Sound track.  Yeah, that's right.  Got a problem with The Rocker listening to country?  Well, what are you gonna do about it?  Before you can blink I'll have you hog tied and whistling Dixie.

I highly recommend picking this up on iTunes. The movie was cool (yes, I saw it in the theaters when it came out, gasp!), and how could it not be when it stars John Travolta in his hay-day.  Get it?  Hay- day.  Oh, never mind.  The quality of the song writing by the various artists is just plain good on this LP (LP as in "long play" record for you young-ins, also known as a 33 for us crustaceans).  Bottom line is if the song is good, it doesn't matter if it's hardcore, pop, metal, classical or disco.  I love a variety of music, it just happens that rock is my thing.  I never worry what anyone thinks of me if I am listening to something odd, or not hip, mostly because if you make fun of me, I might penetrate your temple with my switchblade stilettos.

It would do everyone some good to step outside their box to check out something new, (or old) particularly these days as we are all so plugged in and connected, but yet, oddly disconnected from things right on front of us.   I write this as I am glued to the computer screen.... oh, irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment