Friday, September 18, 2009

Pretty in ..WTF is that?!

I suspect I have sat zombie-eyed in front of the tube too many times during the 80's coming-of-age movie Pretty in Pink, for now, I seem to believe that I can make my own clothes as Molly Ringwald's character did.  I also suspect that the clothing I am modifying to suit my whims are just as hideously unflattering as the prom dress she made from several Pepto Bismol pink dresses.  But, you see, The Rocker does not care.

Lately, when no cash is available (all the time as of this posting) and I find myself in need of a new outfit, I resort to modifying my existing shirts.  Outfits must be rotated and updated frequently.  It is simply unacceptable to wear the same outfits too often if you want to maintain a relevant presence and current look.  I am not Jim Morrison: I will not be wearing the same leathers over and over to every performance.  Besides, I don't want to stink as he did either.  That's out.

The sad thing, besides the damage I do to the my unsuspecting frocks, is that I really need a sewing machine.  No, I don't know how to use one, but I am sure it would assist in making my creations, well, less ugly.  I have many ideas, but I am too lazy to sew by hand.  I have a pair of denim that I am dying to bring up to date by adding a modern twist, but alas, by the time I finished by hand, they would be out of style again.

I shall put a sewing machine on my wish list, as I am resisting the temptation to run my credit cards up any further.

Although, I do have a $30 credit at the Guess store, which might buy me half an outfit....hmm...?  Did I mention I was on the Guess List.  Yes, The Rocker loves the Guess store too.

No comments:

Post a Comment