Friday, September 4, 2009

The Rocker loves Fridays

Even though I woke up to the sounds of The Rocker's kitty, Foxy, retching and puking in front of the bed, it will be a good day methinks.

Fridays are bad@$$ usually because I have a gig, and when I was working a day job, well TGIF is all I can say.  Not so today, but I have gig tomorrow night and Sunday (woo hoo Viper Room!).

I am ready for the weekend.  I got my hair done and am feeling good.  This stretch was a long one and my gray's were showing.  Yes, The Rocker is getting older.... But, all is well again now that I had the blonde touched up and put purple somewhere in the back of my head.  Love it.  I usually let my stylist do whatever he wants to my hair.  It's fun.  Some of my girlfriends think I am nuts.  What is it with woman and their hair?  You know, it grows back.

Afterward, my stylist and I went directly to the nearest bar, Claim Jumper (sigh), and had a pitcher of Sangria.  So-so sangria might I add.  Mostly juice and grapes.  I make much better sangria myself, but whatever, it had alcohol in it somewhere.  We were mostly there to chit chat anyway.

Over all, yesterday was a good day, except for not waking up in time to take my car in to the dealership.  Opps.  But at least I got some time in at the pool.  I have been affectionately referring to my Mouthful bass player as "The Pool" lately.  The Pool is not as pleased with that nickname as I, but hey, he IS the pool!

When I say to my S.O. "I am going to the pool," he knows where and with who I will be.

So, The Pool and I will most likely be hanging out at the Street Fair in Orange today.  I didn't get a chance to go last year, and growing up in Orange, I always looked forward to it.  Although I now live elsewhere,  I try my best to go every year.  The S.O. will be at work unfortunately so that leaves just The Pool and I, and whoever else that is not at work to check it out.  Mind you The Pool works, he just makes his own hours.

So, on the menu are my usuals: corn on the cob, baklava, bratwurst and imported beer.

If you see us, no autographs please, but we will condone pictures of us in questionable circumstances that you can sell to the tabloids.  Hey, we are rockers, you best not photograph us kissing babies and ruin our reps.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment