Saturday, September 26, 2009

In The iPod Today...

New Alice in Chains, Check My Brain.  Hell yeah!

Like they never skipped a beat, they seemed to have picked up where they left off with Staley after working through some initial not-so-good debut performances.   Although, the musician in me can't help feeling sorry for Duvall, the new singer, as he has a lot to live up to being that his only job is to be a Staley clone.   Then again, he knew what he was getting into when he signed up.   That aside, the new song rocks pretty hard.  Kudos that he plays rhythm guitar also.

I give it 4 hot groupies out of 5.

Did I ever mention I met Mike Inez (the bass player) whilst gigging in Big Bear with my former cover band?  He lives up there and cruised into a show, bought me a shot of tequila and offered to call the Wilson sisters, who he was working with at the time, because I told him they were my idols.   Jeez... what trip that night was.   He turned up for our New Year's gig one year too.  I think he left while we covered Man in the Box.  I understand he hates that.

No comments:

Post a Comment