Thursday, September 10, 2009

Make Up Whore

There I said it.  Yes, I am a make up whore.

Now, I am not your typical female, in the way that I am not terribly girly, whiny, not a picky eater, does not feel her biological clock ticking (in fact, I think its broken or needs new batteries), not desperate to marry, does not like drama, does not speak cryptically and make others guess what I mean, I like beer, cigars, hot rods, belt buckles, hard rock, being in bands with sweaty men, strip clubs, and other activities typically enjoyed predominantly by men.

Before my female friends send me hate mail, I would like to point out that I do no feel MY g-friends behave this way for the most part, otherwise I would not be able to stand them.  This is just behavior I have observed by females in public and through friends of friends, subsequently has led me to vow to never to be like.  Also, yes, most of my friends are male.  Moving on....

Now, I *do* love clothes, shoes and make up!!  My latest thrill was on my way to rehearsal last night in Gardena.  The neighborhood is heavily influenced by the Asian community, packed with many Japanese and Korean stores and restaurants.  One of my favorite stops in the area is Marukai, a Japanese market, mostly full of food but also offers Japanese cookware, dishes, electronics, clothes, make up, etc.

I love Asian culture by the way as well, so I have a membership to this store.  I needed a new pair of false lashes desperately for my shows this weekend, as all mine have been worn to death and I am unable to peel the glue off anymore, or the glue has ripped away clumps of lashes making them useless.  Argh!  I stopped into the market and scored the cutest pair of eyelashes for $3.98 that you would have easily paid $14 for at Sephora.  Woo hoo!

It's the little things that make me happy.

2 comments:

  1. That Japanese market is awesome! I used to go there all the time when I lived off of Fairview and Segerstrom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, which one is that? i go to Mitsuwa off Bristol and Marukai off Harbor. i also like HK, now called Fresia off Red Hill (Korean market)

    ReplyDelete