Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sugar Coated Bastards Rock!!

You ain't got no job, you ain't got no money and it's Friday.  True.  And no gig.  Then let's go see Asian Halen in his side project, The Sugar Coated Bastards in BFE at some place called the Dawg House that is next to a Korean karaoke bar and a strip club.  OK!

I dragged The Pool and our friend Jax* out to the City of Industry to check out this (in the singer's own words) "abortion".  How right he was.  It was so bad it was freaking awesome.  I loved this train wreck.  What is better than watching 4 dudes dressed like morons, cranking out hilarious yet crappy punk rock tunes?  Not much except if drunk dude playing pool would have stopped bumping into me on purpose and trying to drool on me.  Really?  I mean, he was shorter than me and I'm short.  Jax thought that was his lame attempt to hit on me, but I just thought he was trying to cause trouble.  Well, if he kept that up, he was gonna find it.

I absolutely cannot wait to check out the next show.  I am there, so long as I don't have my own gig.



Knowing there is a karaoke bar within a 10 mile radius means that The Pool must check it out.  After the show, we made the required trip to the Korean bar where The Pool proceeded to sing an Elvis tune and I belched out Total Eclipse of the Heart, badly, while enjoying Chinese beer.

Actually, I totally dug this place.  I am often called an egg by some of my Asian friends (white on the outside, yellow inside) and they might be right.  I felt right at home here drinking Tsing Tao, watching the other Koreans smoke (yes inside!) and gamble.   We were also treated to a song by the old Korean guy in the eye patch who was cleaning up in poker.   Heck, we even made some new friends, of whom we were to go to the strip club next door with, but, the cover charge was way to high, ladies admission was not free and you weren't allowed to bring in a purse.  Uh, ok.   Do they know that they are located in Industry?  To top it off, the guys coming out of the place told us not to bother.  Ha!  So, that saved us a few bucks.

We opt to head down the street to Tacos Mexico for some carnitas and horchata.  That's the way to end an evening.  A belly full of juicy pork and spicy salsa.

Mercifully, the trip around the world I forced upon my gullet failed to result in gastrointestinal WWIII as I feared on the way home.   Everyone got along deliciously.

No comments:

Post a Comment