Sunday, September 6, 2009

Street Fair Debauchery

Yellow is not my color.  The only yellow that I look good in is the S.O.'s giant yellow Chevy, and that is even questionable.  Besides debauchery, which we will get into momentarily, I am left with a memory  of the beautiful girl I met at the fair wearing yellow, with lovely long blonde locks.  She was a sweetie and it was refreshing to hang out with her for a while.

Overall, the Street Fair was a blast.  The Pool and I started the day with beer, I, Blue Moon (with no orange slice, the nerve!) and he, well, I have no idea, I think PBR.  Venturing out of the dive we met up at, the heat of the day required us to purchase more beer.  Next up: German.  I, Octoberfest and The Pool a Hef, his favorite.

Onward, we explored All American/Mexican Street.  Ceviche was calling to me and it was pretty decent, but needed more lime juice and larger shrimp.  Eh, what do I expect for $5?  The Pool had a street taco.

I ran into my choir teacher from high school, as usual here.  He was working a booth for my alma matter.    It was good to see him.  I can't believe his kids are starting college.  I momentarily feel sorry for myself and wonder where my youth went.  *Sigh*  Then I forgot that I never grew up, hence the reason I never married and am childless, right?

Moving forward, Irish/Japanese/Italian Street, where we sampled a sausage and peppers sandwich (YUM) and later in the day, beef teriyaki stick.  Now, the quality of the beef was disappointing, it was tough, though the sauce was tasty.  Still very hot out, more beer is required.  This is where things start to get blurry.  We stopped into another bar, I had a Bass Ale, and who the heck knows what The Pool had.  Oh, there may have been some shots of something in there as well, most likely Jack.  Then, it was time for baklava, which of course was fabulous as usual on Greek/English Street.  Pistachio is my favorite but some people like walnut too, ho-hum.

As this is a PG blog I cannot divulge much more, but I can say there was an attractive girl I convinced to show the fruits of her labor to us.  This is the same girl that accidentally burned my eyeball with her cigarette (ouch!)  Then there was an older lady that I was dared to poke in the rear, the girl in yellow,  I lost my sunglasses and irritatingly this will be the third pair I'll have to buy, more beer, cigar (yes, The Rocker enjoys an occasional good one), met some guy who said he was a doctor and wanted to examine my eye (sure), and toward the end of it all, The Pool was tired and wanted to go but I didn't, so apparently I started yelling at him in the middle of the street.

What a pill I can be!

Well, until next year, I bid the fair ado.

No comments:

Post a Comment