Sunday, September 27, 2009

Killing time .... beating the heat

This week's job search has been in vain.  I have gotten some responses, although I am not particularly qualified to run Nigerian money laundering scams, even though they are kind enough to offer training.  Don't tell the EDD I turned down the "job offers" or they will stop sending checks....

Thursday was stupid hot, and The Rocker does not have AC except in the Katmobile.




What to do?  Go to the pool with The Pool to beat the heat and drink till you can't feel your flesh frying.




I crashed his place loaded up with all the necessary accoutrements:






Notice I picked up Honeymoon so as not to have to bring sliced oranges to the pool, as you would with Blue Moon.  This is a less citrus-y version that has a slight spiced flavor, though still summery and very tasty.  Ahhh!


The next day, I was to meet some girlfriends and former co-workers for lunch.  It's always great to see the Ladies Who Lunch.  After gorging on Wahoo's Fish tacos, one gal pal and I headed to the Cream Pan Japonaise Bakery in Tustin.  They offer to die for pastries and cream puffs among other delights.  Usually I pick up one of their famously amazing strawberry cream croissants, a light, creamy, flakey, not too sweet mouthful of heaven, but this day, I sprang for an Adzuki Pan for $2.  If you like to try new things, and I do, go for it.  The flakey croissant-like pastry is filled to max capacity with creamy goodness and a bottom layer of red bean.  I can think no more of this devil disguised in powdered sugar without drooling all over my keyboard causing it to short circuit.  Check it:

                         

Oh lord, why have thou made thee such a sucka' for this bakery?

No comments:

Post a Comment