Monday, September 14, 2009

Make Up Whore Rides Again

Do they have MWA (Make-Up Whores Anon)?

Though I have no cash until my unemployment check gets here, I do have credit cards!  I couldn't control myself when the S.O.  and I walked by Sephora in South Coast Plaza.  I didn't even have to say anything, just look at him, and he knew.  So I merrily trotted into the store to pick up a few things that are necessary of course, because I had gigs over the weekend.

They practically know me by name, as I have previously spent my weight in gold here (and I am not as thin as I used to be), primarily when I was employed, but these days my trips are fewer and far between, which is excruciating between fixes particularly now that I have been bumped up from a VIP to a VIB (Very Important Beauty).


Now, let's discuss the piece of crap eyeshadow I bought by Nars called Mekong, worn to my Saturday gig.  Very disappointed in their eyeshadow, as every time I buy a new color, it looks like crap on my eyes.  The colors shimmer and look great on my hand, but when applied to the eyes, there is no sparkle.  WTF?  I am a cosmetics guru and Itellyouwhut,  who the frig' uses this vile powder masquerading as make up?  Who test markets these colors and says, "Oh yea, they are great"?!   Further, I couldn't smudge the color to make it look more natural, it was awful, and too late to apply a new color as I was readying for my gig.

Needless to say, I looked like a raccoon.  I made it work though.  At least I though I did until some guy came up to me and said, "Your eye make up is freaking me out and scary, but I like it."  Great.

I do have to say I absolutely love Nars' blush in Orgasm.  The two colors are lovely, but other than that, I simply hate their products.  Yes, Mekong will be returned shortly.

The other products I picked up were fine.  More eye lid primer, to keep my make up in place on stage,  blue eyeliner by Urban Decay and a purple lip gloss by Sephora from their new FAME the movie line and more fake lashes by Make Up Forever.  They have a fantastic selection of quality lashes.  Must haves!

I also scored a freebie night moisturizer because my Beauty bank hit 100.  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment