Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Saturday gig

I'm pretty tired from my show last night in Fullerton.  Even though we kept it mellow, I may have been tired still from the previous night's Street Fair madness.  Good times though.  I always enjoy meeting other bands and now we have a new group that we can set shows up with.  Cool guys.

We were up first last night, but got a last start waiting for the sound guy.  After that was set, we ROCKED it!  You see, that is what I do.  The tattoo on my back says so, so now I have to or I'm a poser.

Seriously, the sound system at this venue is pretty good, the staff is cool and it is a large place.  Load in is also easy.  That's a bonus.  We don't like to carry equipment from BFE into a venue.  Then you tend to be all sweaty before you even start.  Eww.  As a chick, I really don't like being sweaty, but alas it comes with the territory.

I have to comment on the band that performed after us.  First off, they all looked like they were in different bands.  One guy's dressed like a pirate, one guy looks like a taxi cab driver from Brooklyn, one guy is a greaser with a pomp and the drummer looked like the chick from Tank Girl.  Secondly, they sounded like The Stray Cats met Social Distortion.  Now, the guitar player had a very nice Gretch and he was extremely competent.  I hope he finds a new project.  The singer was a moron and acted as though it was his first gig ever, yelling at the guitar player to "PLAY!!" when he broke a string, and then threatening to beat him up after the show.  I guess he was trying to be funny?  Oh, and he told bad jokes in between songs.  Really?

Well, its all in a day's work.  Tonight, we play the Viper Room, then later we'll be off to the Rainbow Room to party like it's 1989, when the Sunset strip was still THE place to play.  It's making a comeback though.

Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment