Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Kidnapping after the Show

First off, my freaking elbow hurts.  That's what I get I suppose for deciding to hitch a ride home with my MOUTHFUL bass player instead of my trusty guitar player.  Somehow, I fell out of the Jeep onto the concrete in back of some dive bar after our show last night.  I only had one double shot of Jack D up to that point making me totally sober, as far as you know.  Really, I just wanted to go home, but Bass player mohawk boy kidnapped me and forced me to go to this dive with half naked chick bartenders.  Ok, not so terrible, but, I *was* tired.  I proceeded to watch his buddy, who happens to be a bass player as well, evidenced by his bass clef tattoo (lame! opps *my* bass player has one too...) play pool with his chonies hanging out all night.  Ack!  Anyway, so giant bruise on left elbow hurts.

I digress, as usual.

MOUTHFUL kicked some serious @$$ last night at the Semi Final round of Battle of the Bands at this bar called Bigs in Fullerton.  Once again, I was bathing in my own sweat (this musician biz is not as glamourous as often portrayed unless you are famous) rocking it in fabulous designer shoes, that I scored for $12 by the way.  I have a shoe problem, but we will get into that later.  The owner/manger dude is pretty cool so even though there wasn't a load of peeps in the house, it was still a fun show with him and his rocking staff.  The other bands were very nice to us as well, doing some hooting and hollering on our behalf.  Oh, we even got drink tickets this time, woo hoo!

Seemingly, we won, however, officially, we won't know until sometime today if we go to the finals.  I sure hope we did, because my drummer snuck out of work to play the show and then snuck back.  In doing so, he had to play the show sober (gasp!)  Now that's rock star.  Gotta' do whatcha gotta do to support your music habit, you know.

I tell you what, they have these things called Vegas shots there and they are goooooood.  Oh yeah, I had one of those too before I fell.  Hmm, perhaps a contributing factor? Naw.

I was supposed to get up at 7 am and take my leaky car to the dealer however, for some reason, I didn't hear my alarm this morning.   Thankfully, the roofers were here for the millionth time to wake me up, pounding nails into the ceiling, leading me to believe initially it was my head doing the pounding.  Mercifully, I don't get hangovers anymore, I am too experienced.  The trick is to keep majorly hydrated.  Wahhlah, no hang over.

So, what to do now?  F-it!  Reschedule the appointment, make coffee drinks with Dunkin Donuts coffee (the best coffee ever!), splash of milk (lowfat of course, I try to eat/drink right) and homemade Kahlua.  Thanks Rocktane drummer's Mum for the Kahlua recipe! Kisses!

Maybe I will pee in my bass player's pool today, then much later, I am finally off to get my hair cut by my FABULOUS stylist of maaaaaanny years.  I have been too poor as of late to get a cut/color, but I saved up enough unemployment dough to get me a trim.

Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Good Stuff! I am going to have to try that Vegas shot...is it strong like hard, or girlie?

    ReplyDelete